Click for full size!
I’ve gotten many questions over the months about videogames, including some about Pokémon, so thanks to the talented and kind Mister Mech (go commission stuff from him!), I present to you this wonderful art crossover. Consider it a Nightmare Night special too, if you’d like!
Littlepip / Gardevoir : I thought Gardevoir would be the most appropriate ‘mon for Littlepip because they both embody the virtue of sacrifice. She can learn moves like Destiny Bond (taking you with me!), Telekinesis (duh), and like LP, she’s fast, somewhat small, mentally strong, not physically tough but still manages to endure. Even the Pokédex info compliments her character, as Gardevoir is described as willing to die for those it cares about, which is what Fallout: Equestria’s main story arc is all about.
Homage / Lapras : This aquatic Pokemon also is known for it’s compassion and caring, and like Homage herself, has a tragic past. They’re hunted nearly to extinction and are a rare species in the Pokémon world. Their blue coloration also reminds Homage of her lost friend & lover, Jokeblue, from before FO:E began. Notably, Lapras is one of the few Pokemon with musical ability; such as, well, Sing and Perish Song. The latter particularly reminds me of what Homage did with using the Star Blaster to take out an Enclave hit squad, and has a unique parallel with Littlepip’s Gardevoir using Destiny Bond..
Velvet Remedy / Blissey : As with Lapras, Blissey is talented with song, but like Velvet, her true calling is healing. Blissey is regarded as one of the best “walls” in the game, as she takes hits for her teammates (much like how Velvet’s barriers shield her allies) and then tends to their wounds with her medical knowledge. Finally, Blissey evolves from Chansey only when her happiness is at it’s peak, which also reflects Velvet’s development as a character in FO:E, from her pacifist beginnings to willing to take a life to save a life.
Calamity / Crobat : Much like Blissey above, Crobat also only evolves when it’s extremely happy, which connects the two, as he does with Velvet. Notably, Crobat is one of the fastest Pokémon in the franchise, and it’s moves emphasize precision strikes, like a sniper. It’s also capable of manuevers to further boost these qualities like Acrobatics, and there’s no denying Calamity is agile and accurate as hell. This ties him to Rainbow Dash too, as one of the ‘best pets' competing for Dashie's attention also happened to be a bat..
Xenith / Absol : I could have been obvious and chosen the zebra Pokémon that’s new in Generation V, but, no, Xenith’s character matches Absol’s better. Both are dark colored, misblamed for disasters they had nothing to do with (racial tensions between zebras and ponies).. and are hard hitting. And prefer the shadows. And underhanded moves which kill quick, but get the job done. I can go on and on, but you can see all the similarities yourself.
Steelhooves / Scizor : Not fast, but able to move quickly when needed. Vicious and hard to kill. Immune to almost everything. Somewhat bitter and jaded about life. Capable of dealing an enormous amount of damage. Apple red. Encased completely in metal. Attacks with bullets. Any and all of these terms describe both the Pokémon and Steelhooves, and that’s why they match up best. Steelix was another possibility, but it isn’t as destructive as it’s appearance implies, and ol’ Applesnack is both able to take hits AND dish them out, which Scizor represents.
You’ll also notice that this is a diverse party of types and there’s six of them, which means it’s also a perfectly viable group to use in the Pokémon games. That was intentional; they support one another and make up for the weaknesses of their allies with their own strengths, like any good group should. Although I guess if you wanted to be story accurate, once you’ve gotten most of the Badges you’d need to have Scizor fainted for the rest of the game.. :\
(Art by Mister Mech)
- shadowlordko likes this
- eagle-eye-the-dashite likes this
- lklegokiller likes this
- aarkan likes this
- meowbasealpha likes this
- askstarshot likes this
- purplefridge-archive reblogged this from asklittlepip
- murkynumberseven likes this
- tartisandgalek reblogged this from asklittlepip
- fadmash likes this
- pegasusie likes this
- ask-gauchedab likes this
- asktheorderofstarswirl likes this
- bobertman likes this
- serpentking456 reblogged this from asklittlepip
- serpentking456 likes this
- xirnoch likes this
- oak23 reblogged this from asklittlepip
- accordion-repo-man likes this
- revan-seiei likes this
- ask-light-spark likes this
- sariana89 likes this
- welikedeta said: Thank LP. I have actually been looking for a good group to play White 2 with. I might just build your team and try it out. though without having to remove Steelhoves afte teh badges. I like him to much
- cogitosum666 likes this
- doubleclickthepony said: There is one small difference between Homage and Lapras: Lapras enjoys giving rides to people, but I’m pretty sure there’s only one pony Homage loves to give a ride. Still, what a ride, huh? So many…oranges!
- blueberry-twist likes this
- lancifur likes this
- doubleclickthepony likes this
- sumunsinsot likes this
- formerlyaskeqi likes this
- billyvideo likes this
- nibbletteponyshark likes this
- subjectsigma77 reblogged this from asklittlepip
- nornsdominion reblogged this from asklittlepip
- nornsdominion likes this
- ask-the-storyteller likes this
- thecliffsatetretat likes this
- ask-princess-celestia likes this
- arraytheunproductivepony likes this
- codepony reblogged this from asklittlepip
- codepony likes this
- animationisabawss likes this
- askponydiscord likes this
- scythemaster892 likes this
- prince-shining-armor reblogged this from asklittlepip
- prince-shining-armor likes this
- kaidon047 reblogged this from asklittlepip
- kaidon047 likes this
- sickdog1028 likes this
- tartisandgalek likes this