No. Absolutely none at all.
Here’s a problem I have with even suggesting that; it creates sympathy for a monster, when there is none to be had. Discord doesn’t have a tragic backstory, or Freudian excuse, or anything like that. He simply IS chaos. He did what he did not out of some higher purpose, but because he enjoyed the pain and suffering of his reality bending.
That was, in fact, a key part of it, and why he wasn’t merely Pinkie Pie with godly powers. There had to be anguish in order for him to enjoy the chaos. Ponies are very emotional creatures, and so he took particular delight in making us his playthings.
He was also fully aware of the consequences of his actions, as he knew the difference between right and wrong, good and evil. But simply did not care. He simply rejected reality and substituted his own.
- vowelicious likes this
- doubleclickthepony likes this
- ninjatandtolerance likes this
- thegooddoctororange likes this
- vforvodka likes this
- alamut1488 likes this
- guarddogjr likes this
- tenponytower said: Why can I only like this once?
- tenponytower likes this
- wookiara said: Yes! Exactly! I understand the need some have to make him less horrifying by giving him a ‘reason’ to be the way he is. But that lessens him, as a character and villain, to my mind.
- wookiara likes this
- maxmice likes this
- asklittlepip posted this